Here is my essential product list for face/skin/hair/body & nails to make your life fast and easy recommended use for planes, trains & automobiles…. As someone who spends an obscene amount of time in transit due to work, the thing I constantly look out for to make my life that bit easier are Individually packaged or travel size beauty items. I need space in my suitcase for all the useless crap I don’t need that I still buy as an addicted consumer with healthy capitalist compulsions. I don’t always get to stay at hotels like Costes (known for its divine smelling goodies) where you want to take all the freebies with, actually who am I kidding? These days its mostly fancy all the way but just sometimes some of the places I stay in you wouldn’t even use the shower gel to wash your hands let alone your body. Seriously have you ever stayed at a hotel where you can’t actually wash the soap off as it clings to your skin like an obsessive ex lover, no matter how hard you scrub it off? So I now consider myself an expert for what you need on the plane (long or short haul) or for a few days away or longer. Most people who are beauty fanatics or experts by now know the obvious ones like mini Bioderma remover travel bottles to stock up from in French pharmacies but here is my new updated list of things that you might find new or interesting. I also just want to say that my favourite part of a trip to Sephora is looking at the travel size section for goodies that make my life simple.
1) I love a face wipe for speed. it’s the lazy gal in me that wants to sit on my bed in a hotel room watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians (the only time I actually watch it) stare at their makeup and remove my own in a smug fashion.
These individual ones are great on the go and also medibac cleansing wipes which clean your face thoroughly on or after flights or after a gym work out in a hotel.
2) Deodorant Wipes- obvs great for travel but good for gym visit or camping too. I can’t tell you how many times on shoots models or crew ask me for deodorant. Naturally I don’t share until now my whiffy friends I am equipped with some individual wipes. Lets face it though organic deodorants are so hit or miss as to whether they actually work but at least they don’t contain aluminium or the other bad stuff.
3) Bug Wipes. Meet your new best friend. For me these are a must have especially for trips to Milan during October fashion week where those mosquitoes are nasty bastards.
4) MD Skincare Sun Protection Patches. These are ideal for popping in your bag so wherever you may be at a drop of a hat you can have an SPF30 wipe for face/body and avoid burning.
5) DHC Olive Oil Eye Makeup Remover Swabs. For all those who like a strong eye makeup like me and need to get it off fast!
6) Refresh Eye Drops. Good for after flights or long days/nights and suitable for contact lens wearers. These are always in my kit and on me.
8) . I recently bought a mini size surf spray from Bumble & Bumble to give my hair some texture. This is particularly good if you have an early start and no time to blow dry.
9) Mini Ceramic Hair Irons. I bought these little gems and love the cherry case. Take up almost no room.
10) Mini mascara yes bloody please! This one is small in size but gives big lashes.
11. Josie Maran Cheek & Lip Colour. Who doesn’t love a multi use product. Good colours and good quality. It’s a no brainer
12. Travel Peel Masks by Dr Gross who is gross by name not by nature. Really good to have for trips away. I am seriously into this brand and this product
13. Mini nail kit. I always need something like this as every trip I snag a nail showing security at Eurostar that my suitcase is filled with my makeup kit and not terrorist accoutrement.
14. Mini Moisturiser. Truthfully I blag individual sachets from fancy department stores or Space NK but this Weleda is a good size if you are away for a day and if you are away for a week or two I have this size. My top tip is that this product is so rich that I leave it on overnight really thick as a moisture mask. There is no product on earth that I don’t love as much as this and it loves me back. Can be used on hands/body too.
15. This Balance Me face mask will make you look young and pretty it is that simple and this is the genius size. Get it.
16. This Bliss Spa Kit is something I always take on vacay with me. It smells good and has all your hair and body bits that you need.
17. Muji cosmetics case for wash products or and makeup. This is a great size. I have this. I have searched for years. Trust me. It’s a good ‘un.
18. This Works Turbo Balm. Use this on lips or dry areas. it’s a life saver.
19. Face and Body Oil. I love oil and none wants a big bulky size that spills all over your belongings. Buy a few travel size and take with you. So much more convenient. Try this natural one by Khadi. It smells delightful.
20. Individual Nail Polish wipe sachets. These are acetone free and contain moisturising ingredients too